The Global Conference “Transformational Leadership in a Changing World” in the framework of the Astana Economic Forum will be held on May 17, 2019. The Conference will be organized by The Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, The Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Civil Service Affairs and Anti-corruption.
The key issues of the “Transformational Leadership in a Changing World” global conference are the portrait of a civil servant, required skills and qualities to meet the challenges of the modern world and become a reform facilitator in Kazakhstan. It is expected to develop proposals and recommendations for the formation of a new leadership culture capable of managing change during the conference.
The conference will be held in two sections:
- Global trends in the formation of “Brand-new Leaders”
- Leadership transformation: from professional to strategic and digital thinking;
- Transformation of public administration: reengineering of business processes from strategic public administration to innovative one.
- Skills of the modern leader for innovative state management (practical cases)
- Transformation of society: an open-minded civil society actively integrating with the public sector, open government;
- Integration of the transformational leadership principles (transparency, scenario planning, alternative vision);
- Agile leadership and public administration.
As the speakers we are expecting Aset Issekeshev, the Executive Director of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy; Alik Shpekbayev, Chairman of Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Public Service Affairs and Anticorruption; Lim Soo Hoon, Senior Fellow of CSC and Senior Advisor to Ministry of Finance Singapore; Garegin Manukyan, Senior Governance and Public Administration Officer, Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government, Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations; Marat Atnachev, Dean at SKOLKOVO – Moscow School of Management and other high-profile international and local experts.
Rector of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Altair Akhmetov will moderate the work of the conference.